Your interior designer may give you 100 home decorating ideas for all rooms in your house – kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom. He will finish the job and handover a big bill to you. And you are happy – Ah! Now I have got my house designed by an interior decorator. How beautiful my house looks.
Just forget it. Be wise. You can do it yourself with little research on latest designs, colors, paints, trends etc. By doing little research on home décor, you will be able to learn the basics of decorating. Very soon you will learn ideas to decorate your house room by room. You will realize that not all home decorating ideas require big investment money. It can be done much cheap than what you paid to your interior designer for all the décor and furnishing. This way you not only save money but also get complete satisfaction from the results of your own hard work.
Here are some easy but very effective home improvement and decorating ideas. Use them. Your house will look beautifully designed, furnished, and finished.
Ideas to Paint the Interior Walls and Ceiling
Give faux finish to your walls. Faux paint with fantasy finishes offer a
wonderful array of options to suit any decorating project you plan. Consult the hardware store for faux finishes and decorative painting techniques. With Faux finishes you can easily create the illusion of natural materials such as wood, marble, and granite or fantasy finishes like sponging, rag rolling, or dragging. Paint the ceiling with a different matching but light colour. Doesn’t this sound like an adventure? Go get the adventure.
Decorating Home with Pictures and Mirrors
Once the wall painting is done, it is time to hang some pictures, wall hangings
and mirrors. Put some pictures that you like. Choose standard sizes – Neither too big nor too small. Select pictures that you like. You are decorating your own house for yourself. Others will like the decoration only when you like it. Get simple but stylish and trendy frames. Make a diagram of a rough sheet of white paper before you hang the pictures. Try different orders if you are thinking to put 2 or 3 or even 4 pictures at one place. Make diagram – Horizontal, vertical, diagonal triangle and see which one look best.
Fix the pictures only when you are fully satisfied. Similarly hang the mirror at the place that you need the most. It would be the best if you place the mirror at a place from where it can get the reflection of something that you like the most. For e.g. the view of the garden from the window. Imagine you are watching TV sitting of the sofa and at the same also getting the view of the garden from one angle of the mirror. Does this sound interesting? Try it.
Furnishing Tips and Ideas
Next is to furnish your house. Don’t start decorating or redecorating straight
away. Give your time. Give some thinking. Develop ideas on how you can make your small rooms look larger and utilize the space wisely. Think about various layouts. This is your house. You are going to stay in the house and you are the best person to decide which furniture to place where. Think about rooms such as kitchens, living rooms and master bedrooms. While doing all this you should think whether you have a child safe home and even a pet safe home. Pull your furniture away from the walls. Place your furniture at intriguing positions. Utilize the corners.
In case you have small space, you can put a sofa cum bed or a day bed. Make Storage cabinets on the walls. Big is always not good. A side table with flowers by the side of the sofa always adds to the beauty. Use flower pots by the side of your furniture. Flowers will always add to the beauty and decoration.
Use Pillows and Lamps for Home Decoration
Beautiful Pillows and lamps will add texture to the rooms. They are an integral part of the makeover. Use decorative pillows on the sofa and the chairs.
Place new, fresh and trendy lamps. Explore some of the best lamps and see which one goes best in your house.
- 10 Easy and Quick Home Decorating Ideas in Budget
- Decorating Home with Stained Glass
- Budget Friendly Home Decorating Ideas
- Free Home Decoration Tips and Ideas
- Home Decorating Photo Gallery
- Top 10 Tools for DIY Home Improvement and Repair Projects
- Interior Wall Paint and Color Scheme Ideas
- How to Find and Hire the Best Home Remodeling Contractor
- Decorating Ideas for Small Rooms with Limited Space
- Interior Painting Tips, Techniques and Ideas
- Easy DIY Home Improvement Projects for Beginners
- 8 Ways to Decorate Your Home Without Spending Much
- Monthly Home Maintenance Plan – Tips, Schedule and Checklist
- How to Wallpaper Wall of a Room
- Buying a New Home: 10 Tips for First Time Home Buyers
- Exterior Home Decorating Ideas
- Home Exterior Wall Painting Ideas and Color Scheme and Color Combination
- How to Decorate a Small Living Room to Create More Space
- How to Decorate Living Room in Budget – Steps for Living Room Decoration
- Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Bedroom Makeover Ideas – Thrifty Ways for a New Bedroom Look
- Bedroom Decorating and Makeover Ideas
- Bathroom Design Pictures and Photo Gallery
- Design Your Dream Kitchen in Budget
- DIY Kitchen Remodeling & Renovation Ideas
- 10 Things Every Kitchen Should Have
- How to Convert Basement into Living Space
- Eco-Friendly Flooring Options
- Work from Home Jobs
- Electronics Tutorial
- Mobile Phone Repairing
- Flooring Options for Every Room – Living Room, Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen
- Feng Shui Fu Dogs: Chinese Door God for Protection
- Doors Manufacturers – List of Top 10 Home Door Manufacturers
- French Door – Interior and Exterior French Doors Material and Construction
Other links to this post
- Budget Friendly Home Decorating Ideas | Free DIY Home Improvement
- How to Decorate a Small Living Room to Create More Space | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Exterior Home Decorating Ideas | Free DIY Home Improvement
- How To Choose The Right Windows For Your Bedroom | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Why Buy A Sofa Bed? | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Feng Shui Fu Dogs: Chinese Door God for Protection | Free DIY Home Improvement
- 10 Easy and Quick Home Decorating Ideas in Budget | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Home Decorating Photo Gallery | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Exterior Walls Paint Ideas & Color Scheme & Color Combination | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Wall Units for Living Room and Bedroom | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Sideboards and Side Unit Furniture for Living Room and Bedroom | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Interior Wall Paint and Color Scheme Ideas | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Wardrobe (Armoire) Closet Furniture Designs | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Bed Room Furniture – Bunk Bed, Platform Bed, Loft Bed, Kids Bed, Bedroom Set | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Decorating Ideas for Small Rooms with Limited Space | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Living Room Decorating Ideas | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Bedroom Makeover Ideas - Thrifty Ways for a New Bedroom Look | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Painting Guide on How to Paint Interior Walls of a Home | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Top 10 Tools for DIY Home Improvement and Repair Projects | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Tips for Moving into Your First Home | Free DIY Home Improvement
- How to Decorate Living Room in Budget - Steps for Living Room Decoration | Free DIY Home Improvement
- Decorating Home with Stained Glass | Free DIY Home Improvement
- 8 Ways to Decorate Your Home Without Spending Much | Free DIY Home Improvement