Undermount sinks or recessed sinks most common and a popular choice among home owners because they fit in bathrooms as well as a kitchen and allow easy installation and clean-up. They can be installed in any type of counter. If you are remodeling or renovation your kitchen or bathroom, an under mount sink can be the right choice. They offer a clean and modern look.
How to install an undermount sink and method of attachment depends and varies by manufacturer. Most new sinks have installation instructions included with the unit. In addition to the bowl, many sink manufacturers also offer countertops that are precut, predrilled, and prefit. These are required in applying a bead of sealant and tightening some of the screws. However, if you are working with an uncut countertop, you will have to cut the hole yourself.
In simple, installations of an undermount sink involves fastening the sink to the underside of the countertop, then flips it over and place it.
How to Install an Undermount Sink
Step by step guide on undermount sink installation:
- Apply a small bead of silicone caulk around the edge of the bowl. Read and follow the directions on the label. If sealant is provided with the model, use it.
- Place the countertop upside down, positions the bowl and secure it with the screws provided
- Remove any excess sealant with a clean cloth.
- Turn the counter over, attach it to the cabinet, and hook up the drain and supply lines.
- Common Plumbing Problems and How to Fix Them – DIY Plumbing Problems and Solution
- Vessel Sink Buying Guide
- Bathroom Vanity Sink Buying Guide
- Bathroom Sink Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How Bathroom Sink Works
- How to Unclog a Clogged Bathroom Sink Drain
- How to Install a Bathroom Sink Drain
- How to Install a Bathroom Sink
- How to Install an Undermount Sink
- Bathroom Sinks Pictures and Photo Gallery
- Bathroom Sinks Information
- How to Drain a Water Heater
- Hard Water Problems
- Tap Water Purifier for Home – Buying Guide and Review
- Bathroom Design and Remodeling Ideas
- Kitchen Remodeling and Design Ideas and Tips in Budget
- 10 Things Every Kitchen Should Have
- Kitchen Faucet Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Ceramic Disc / Disk Faucets Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Kitchen Faucet Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix a Kitchen Faucet Problem
- How to Install a Kitchen Faucet
- How To Install a Bathroom Faucet