Bathroom lighting and light design is given the least importance when it comes to home interior lighting. Most people pay attention to lighting in the living room or the kitchen. I have witnessed may bathroom that have mirrors with no mirror light. Most of them just have a ceiling light fixture.
Modern day bathrooms are more than just a bathroom. They have become a place for relaxation with vanities such as steam shower and bathtub. Considering the fact that most of us start and end our days in the bathroom, it pays to invest in your bathroom improvement project for the right and the best possible lighting fixture.
What is a Good Bathroom Light
A good bathroom lighting design and fixture can change the whole look and experience of your bathroom. Modern and comfortable bathrooms need ample light for satisfying shower, shaving and even for putting makeup. Good lighting in your bath can change the whole look of your bathroom.
Types of bathroom lighting
When it comes to bathroom lighting options and choices, there are three options available:
- Ambient – General lighting that takes the place of daylight.
- Task – Lighting for specific jobs such as applying make up or shaving.
- Accent – Adds texture to your bathroom.
Bathroom Lighting Fixtures
Bathroom lighting fixture options include: Ceiling lights, Recessed lights/down lights, Wall lights, Spotlights, Over mirror or shaver lights.
- Bathroom Design and Remodeling Ideas
- Common Plumbing Problems and How to Fix Them – DIY Plumbing Problems and Solution
- Bathroom Sinks Information
- Bathroom Sinks Pictures and Photo Gallery
- Bathroom Flooring Options
- Radiant Floor Heating
- How to Install Radiant Floor Heating System
- What is Energy Star?
- How Solar Water Heater Works
- How Radiant Floor Heating System Works
- All About Thermostat
- How to Use Less Electricity at Home & Save Electricity Bill
- Alternative Lighting Solutions for Home and Office
- How to Save Electricity at Home – 5 Easy and Simple Energy Saving Tips to Cut Down Electricity Consumption and Slash Electricity Bill
- Home Electrical Wiring System
- How to Trace a Short Circuit
- Home Electrical Wiring Types and Rules
- How to Wire a 220v Outlet
- Electrical Grounding or Earthing
- Energy Saving Tips for the Home