A bathroom sink, apart from its standard function, can also help you to define the bathroom design – contemporary, traditional, or transitional. Selection of appropriate and the best suitable bathroom sink and accessories is important as it shows your design tastes and style of living. Budget, of course is a factor. Modern bathroom sinks are available in a wide selection – from small wall-hung sinks for small bathrooms or powder rooms to elaborate and large dual-basin models for luxurious master baths.
Bathroom Sink Materials
Materials used for manufacturing bathroom sinks include – enameled cast iron, vitreous china, metal, glass, crystal, stone, and solid-surface resins for a contemporary style. When choosing to buy a new bathroom sink, it is important to make a wise decision so that you get the best out of your money. Enameled cast iron sinks durable while sinks made out of glass and crystal are delicate and are most suitable for bathrooms that are not too often used or for the powder room. Stylish sinks can be installed in the guest baths where making a design and style statement is important.
Types of Bathroom Sinks
There are three important considerations when selecting a bathroom sink – Style, Size, and Material. There are six distinctive styles of bathroom sink –
- Self-rimming sinks (also called countertop sinks)
- Under counter sinks (also called undermount sinks)
- Pedestal sinks
- Console sinks
- Vessel sinks (also called above counter sinks)
- Wall mount sinks.
There are deck-mounted models, which can be set into or on top of a vanity or a freestanding frame. They offer the benefit of storage. On the other hand, with most pedestal and wall-mounted sink styles, you need separate cabinetry for storage.
Integral bowl sinks form part of a countertop. These are available in different colors, price and materials, including solid surface, fiberglass, concrete, vitreous china, and cast polymer.
Console sinks sit on furniture-style legs and offer a stylish and spacious look. This offers an expanded deck space for sundries. Some bathroom sinks also come with predrilled faucet holes for easy installation.
- Bathroom Design and Remodeling Ideas
- Common Plumbing Problems and How to Fix Them – DIY Plumbing Problems and Solution
- Bathroom Sinks Pictures and Photo Gallery
- Bathroom Lighting Options
- Bathroom Flooring Options
- Bathroom Design Pictures and Photo Gallery
- Bathroom Cabinets Information
- Bathroom Design Ideas with Pictures
- Vessel Sink Buying Guide
- Bathroom Lights and Lighting Fixtures Buying Guide
- Bathroom Vanity Sink Buying Guide
- How Bathroom Sink Works
- How to Install Vanity Light
- How to Unclog a Clogged Bathroom Sink Drain
- How to Install a Bathroom Sink Drain
- How to Install a Bathroom Sink
- How to Install an Undermount Sink
- Bathroom Sink Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Bathroom Cabinet Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How To Install a Bathroom Faucet
- Instant Hot Water Dispenser Buying Guide & Review for Consumers
- Ceramic Disc / Disk Faucets Buying Guide and Review for Consumers