If you have a limited space in your home and you are looking for a washer dryer compo unit, this is the right place to begin with. In simple terms, we can say that a washer dryer combo unit is a combination of a washing machine and clothes dryer. A washer dryer combo unit is a very useful home appliance for people who have small or limited space in their home and cannot afford to have two separate units – a washing machine and clothes dryer.
Washer dryer combo units not only save space in your home, but they also save money (in buying two separate units). They also save time in shifting your laundry from the washing machine to the dryer.
Below I discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of a washer dryer combo unit and a review of some of the best available washer dryer combo units.
Advantages of a Washer Dryer Combo Unit
- Washer dryer combo units do not require any external ventilation. These combo units work on have 2-drum mechanism technology. The inner drum pushes hot air into the outer drum and the hot air cools down through condensation. Water vapor is released out of the outer drum.
- There are portable washer dryer combo units available. These portable units can be attached with any source of water such as the sink. These combo washer dryers units do not need any separate water supply.
- Because there is no need for any external ventilation or a separate source of water supply, installation of these combo units gets extremely easy. These combo units can be installed anywhere in the house where there is an access to power supply and drainage to flush out used water.
- Washer dryer combo units are available in various sizes, capacity and budget. You can choose the best that suits your needs.
- Most washer dryer combo units are designed in such a way that they require very less water and detergent.
Disadvantages of Washer Dryer Combo Units
Even though, a washer dryer combo unit offers several advantages, it has few disadvantages. The first and foremost disadvantage is that they consume a lot of energy.
There have been few complaints of the dryer not drying clothes as efficiently as a separate clothe dryer would do.
Also it has been observed that it takes more time to dry clothes. This is mainly because the capacity of these machines is more on the washing part than the drying part.
Washer Dryer Combo Units Reviews
Here I present a review and information on some of the best and most popular washer dryer combo units.
Maytag Super Stack Laundry Pair MET3800TW / MGT3800TW
This washer dryer combo unit is one of the most reliable and most preferred machine. The unit is ergonomically designed and saves huge space. The dryer is available in the electric as well as in gas version. Washing capacity of this machine is 2.6 cubic feet and the drying capacity is 5.9 cubic feet.
Many expert reviews claim that this unit is a great space saver and cost effective even though it is not very energy efficient. The machine costs between $1060-$1420.
Expert Review Rating: 3 out of 5.
Asko Non-Ventilated Single Drum Washer / Dryer WCAM1812
Asko manufactures some of the best quality. The Asko Non-Ventilated Single Drum Washer / Dryer WCAM1812 is another good option. It is a good space saver and is best suitable for a small family. It is also very energy efficient. This unit costs around $1050-$1180.
Expert Review Rating: 4 out of 5
Ariston AWD121 Washer/Dryer Combo
This combo washer dryer is small in size and best suitable for small families. It is also rated by Energy Star and is energy efficient. The cost of this machine is around $1050-$1125.
Expert Review Ratings: 4 out of 5
Best Washer Dryer Combo Unit
While a washer dryer combo unit can a good addition to your home appliances, I suggest that you consider important factors when your go to buy a new unit. Make sure it is energy efficient, energy star rated and meets your requirements.
- Clothes Dryer Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Washing Machine Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How to Install a Washing Machine
- How Does a Washing Machine Work?
- Common Plumbing Problems and How to Fix Them – DIY Plumbing Problems and Solution
- How to Dry Clean at Home – DIY Clothes Dry Cleaning
- Bathroom Design and Remodeling Ideas
- How a Water Softener Works
- How to Install a Dishwasher