Ceiling fans have been used for home cooling for over 100 years. There has been technological advancement and new cooling equipments such as the AC or Air Conditioner and the Cooler have been developed but ceiling fans still rules when it comes to home cooling. This is mainly because of the price factor in terms of price of the equipment and operational cost.
Did you know that a ceiling fan can also be moved in a reverse direction thus circulation warm air into the room? Yes, a reversible ceiling fan can help keep your room warm on cool days. The principle is that on cool days, when the heated air in a room rises to the ceiling, a gently moving fan set in reverse mode can circulate the warm air back down and make the room warn and thus give you comfort.
There are various shapes and sizes of ceiling fans available today but do you know how a ceiling fans works? Let us now understand how does a ceiling fan work.
How a Ceiling Fan Works
Most common ceiling fans consist of an electric motor in housing, blades and a downrod or some other mounting device. Many decorative and designer fans have blades with lamps and glass or crystal shades. There are also some ceiling fans that are controlled with a remote.
The working principle of a ceiling fan is quiet simple. We all perspire on a hot day. The heat from our bodies is transferred to the liquid perspiration on the surface of our skin. When a breeze from a ceiling fan blows across our skin, it evaporates the liquid perspiration. As the liquid sweat turns into water vapor, it takes the heat from our body into the air and this makes us feel cool.
How to Achieve Maximum Cooling from a Ceiling Fan
In order to achieve maximum cooling, a ceiling fan must move or circulate lots of air. To make the ceiling fan circulate more air, the distance of the fan from the ceiling and the tilt of the fan blades can be optimized. If a ceiling fan is too close to the ceiling then it can’t easily get the needed air to push down. similarly, the fan blades must have a tilt to them so they cut through the air and push it down.
- How to Install a Ceiling Fan
- How to Install a Hunter Ceiling Fan – DIY Hunter Ceiling Fan Installation
- Ceiling Fan Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Ceiling Fan Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix Humming Ceiling Fan or Fan Not Working
- How Air Conditioner Works
- How to Clean or DIY Service Air Conditioner to Maintain and Increase Life of Window or Room AC
- Portable Free Standing Air Conditioner Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How to Cool Home without Air Conditioning or Air Conditioner
- Free Standing Portable Windowless Air Conditioners Buying Guide
- Air Conditioner Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix Air Conditioner Problem
- Air Cleaner / Air Purifier Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How Air Cleaner Works
- Dehumidifier troubleshooting & Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix Dehumidifier Problem
- Dehumidifier Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How Does a Dehumidifier Work?
- Whole House Fan Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Bathroom Exhaust Fans Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- What is Energy Star?
- How to Use Less Electricity at Home & Save Electricity Bill
- Electronics Tutorial
- Top 10 Tools for DIY Home Improvement and Repair Projects
- Easy DIY Home Improvement Projects for Beginners
- How Home Ventilation Works