Water heater is a home appliance heat cold water and supply hot or warm water. A water heater is connected to a cold water supply pipe and has an outgoing hot water pipe to supply hot water to one or more taps.
Most common water heaters stores heated water in a cylindrical tank. Tankless water heaters do not store water but routes heated water directly to taps. Water heaters using natural gas as fuel is much less expensive as compared to electricity.
There are “instant hot water dispensers” used in most bathrooms that heat water with electricity and holds hot water in the under-sink and supplies hot water as and when required.
The working principle of gas-fueled water heaters is little complex as compared to the ones using electricity.
How Does a Tankless Water Heater Work to Heat Water
Water is a tankless water heater is circulated through a series of burners or electric coils. Because a tankless water heater does not have any tank and hence do not store hot water, its operating cost is much lower.
The Capacity is a tankless water heater is measured is GMP or Gallons per Minute which simply means by how many degrees it increases water temperature at a given flow rate.
How Does a Tank-Type Water Heater Work to Heat Water
A tank in a tank-type water heater is under pressure. Hot water exits through the hot water outlet at the top of the tank. When the hot water leaves, cold water enters through the cold water inlet. The cold water pipe normally has a shutoff valve. A magnesium or aluminum anode rod utilizes the principle of ionization to minimize the water’s corrosive elements to increase the life of the tank. The larger the anode, the longer will be the life of the tank.
- Water Heater Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Whole House Tankless Water Heater Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Solar Water Heaters
- How Solar Water Heater Works
- How to Drain a Water Heater
- How to Install a Tankless Water Heater
- Electronics Tutorial
- Water Softener Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Instant Hot Water Dispenser Buying Guide & Review for Consumers
- Common Plumbing Problems and How to Fix Them – DIY Plumbing Problems and Solution
- Home Heating Safety Tips: Heating Home Safely
- Water Filter Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Dual-Tank (Twin Tank) Water Softener Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Hot Water Dispenser Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix Instant Hot Water Dispenser Problem
- Steam Shower Benefits and Precautions
- What is Energy Star?
- How to Use Less Electricity at Home & Save Electricity Bill
- Easy DIY Home Improvement Projects for Beginners
- Bathroom Design and Remodeling Ideas