A dehumidifier is one home appliance that takes care excess humidity in air in a room and removes or dehumidifies the air in the room. A dehumidifier will remove humidity from air and won’t cool the air as many people think. It will just make the air comfortable so that you don’t feel sticky because of excess humidity in the room.
A dehumidifier uses the same working principal as a refrigerator or an air conditioner. Dehumidifiers are needed mainly in rooms with no AC because AC itself is a kind of dehumidifier and there no such need to install a separate dehumidifier in AC rooms. It is mainly needed in damp areas of the home such as the basements.
How a Dehumidifier Works
A dehumidifier uses the same working principal as a refrigerator or an air conditioner. A dehumidifier is a cabinet with coils, condenser coils, a fan, and a reservoir.
The fan blows moisture-laden room air over the cold coils. Water condenses on the cold coil and drips into the reservoir. The drier air then blows across the warm coils and back into the room. The air in the room gets heated and returns back to normal room temperature with normal humidity. Water collected in the reservoir of a dehumidifier should be emptied regularly.
- Dehumidifier Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Dehumidifier troubleshooting & Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix Dehumidifier Problem
- How Air Conditioner Works
- How to Clean or DIY Service Air Conditioner to Maintain and Increase Life of Window or Room AC
- Portable Free Standing Air Conditioner Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How to Cool Home without Air Conditioning or Air Conditioner
- Free Standing Portable Windowless Air Conditioners Buying Guide
- Air Conditioner Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix Air Conditioner Problem
- Air Cleaner / Air Purifier Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How Air Cleaner Works
- How to Install a Ceiling Fan
- How to Install a Hunter Ceiling Fan – DIY Hunter Ceiling Fan Installation
- Ceiling Fan Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Whole House Fan Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Bathroom Exhaust Fans Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How Does a Ceiling Fan Works
- What is Energy Star?
- How to Use Less Electricity at Home & Save Electricity Bill
- Electronics Tutorial
- Ceiling Fan Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix Humming Ceiling Fan or Fan Not Working
- Top 10 Tools for DIY Home Improvement and Repair Projects
- Easy DIY Home Improvement Projects for Beginners
- How Home Ventilation Works