Solar water heaters or domestic solar water heater are cheap and cost-effective way to supply hot water for your home. They use solar radiation or sunshine as fuel.
This method of heating water is cheaper because we don’t have to pay for heat of the sun.
How Solar Water Heater Works
Initial water heaters were basically large metal containers painted in black because black color is a good conductor of heat and absorbs a lot of heat getting heated quickly. As the contained got heated with the heat of the sun, water stored in these containers also got heated. This was simple but was time-consuming because it took several hours to heat the water.
With the advancement of technology, solar cells and solar panels were made and new solar water heaters were developed. These new solar water heaters work on the same principle but have much sophisticated system including pumps, insulated storage tanks, temperature gauges, anti-freeze valves, and solar collector. This new system absorbs more heat energy from the sun and thus heats water quicker.
- Water Heater Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Whole House Tankless Water Heater Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How Water Heater Works
- Solar Water Heaters
- How to Drain a Water Heater
- How to Install a Tankless Water Heater
- Electronics Tutorial
- Water Softener Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Instant Hot Water Dispenser Buying Guide & Review for Consumers
- Common Plumbing Problems and How to Fix Them – DIY Plumbing Problems and Solution
- Home Heating Safety Tips: Heating Home Safely
- Water Filter Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Dual-Tank (Twin Tank) Water Softener Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Hot Water Dispenser Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix Instant Hot Water Dispenser Problem
- Steam Shower Benefits and Precautions
- What is Energy Star?
- How to Use Less Electricity at Home & Save Electricity Bill
- Easy DIY Home Improvement Projects for Beginners
- Bathroom Design and Remodeling Ideas