A washing machine is a simple home appliance more like a big tubs that fill up with water and when switched on, agitates to scrub clothes, and spin to wring out the water and hence clean the clothes.
Replacing an old washing machine with a new one is quite easy. If the laundry area is already set up for the appliance, you just have to hook up the appliance at the right place removing the old one. But installing a new washing machine in a laundry place with no set up need some work. In this case you will need to run hot and cold water supply pipes to the connection point and terminate each with a shutoff valve and, a water-hammer arrester, if required.
How to Install a Washing Machine
If the laundry area already has all the set up, all you have to de is hook the washer’s drain hose over the sink’s edge. If there is no sink nearby, the washer will need to drain into a standpipe. A drain pipe is basically a pipe with a diameter of 2 inches with a built-in trap that taps into the nearest drainpipe. The top of the standpipe should be between 18 to 42 inches above the trap. The trap should be about 6 to 20 inches above the floor. Standpipes are readily available with built-in traps or can be assembled using standard drainpipe and elbow fittings.
To prevent any unexpected and unwanted flood because of any leakage or bust f the hose pipe, you can use a single-lever valve in place of conventional washing machine shutoff valves. You can simply flip the liver to shut off when the washing machine is not in use.
Here are 3 simple steps to install a washing machine:
* Read the appliance manual prior to installation.
- Screw the washing machine’s water supply hoses onto the connections at the back of the washing machine. If the hoses are marked, orient them to hot and cold according to the markings.
- Connect the washing machine supply hoses to the right valves. Adjust the level of the machine.
- Put the drain hose into the standpipe or the laundry sink. Turn on the water supply valves, and check for leaks.
Your washing machine is now installed and ready to be used.
- How Does a Washing Machine Work?
- Washer Dryer Combo Units Review
- Does ShamWow Really Works?
- Washing Machine: Top Load Washing Machine Vs Front Load Washing Machine