We all dream to build an ideal kitchen in our home. But an ideal and dream kitchen is a kind of luxury for many people who can’t afford it. Designing an ideal dream kitchen in budget and available low fund is difficult but not impossible. You may have to sacrifice on spending to find the perfect new product mix.
A beautiful and ideal kitchen design can only be created by a perfect combination of design, convenience, and safety. The best kitchen design and layout will offer you the ease of movement around the kitchen, accessibility to food, utensils, and cooking apparatus. Moreover, you should feel comfortable in the kitchen.
In order to design your kitchen in budget, the first thing to ascertain is to know and understand areas where you want to invest and spend your dollars. What are your likes, dislikes, taste and passion? If you are a chef, or if you are more inclined towards cooking or if you just love food, you may consider investing your money on professional-grade kitchen appliances. If you are one of those party lovers and an entertainer, you may like to have a wine cooler and island seating. Making your kitchen comfortable and work for you is always worth the investment.
Even when you want your kitchen to be comfortable and work for you, you should focus on the future trends. Style and design are important considerations, essential quality products are important too. One such item is the kitchen faucet. Always consider a good quality branded faucet with lifetime guarantees considering that you are not going to change it too often.
Cabinets and Storage
Make wise decisions when it comes to kitchen cabinets and storage. Avoid all junk drawers. Add wisely designed quality cabinets to safely store all you household items and cooking and dining utensils. To get the most out of your investment, choose a finish that will meet your present and future style and needs.
I recently read the “Real Deal” Survey, conducted by Decora Cabinets and Kitchen and Bath Design News which mentions that white/cream or natural oak, maple and cherry are the most widely accepted cabinet finishes. The survey also revealed that pull-out garbage bins, pot and pan drawers and tray organizers are the most popular ways to keep your cabinets organized. I agree to their survey.
Where to Save
When it comes to kitchen flooring and countertops, try to get the look for less. Laminates offer the look of high-end options without the expense and maintenance. Wide ranges of options are there for countertops. The trusted VT Fine Laminate Countertops offer a variety of options that emulate the look of natural granite and quartz. For kitchen flooring, you can consider vinyl flooring that offer both style and durability in budget. Other laminate flooring options are also available that offer patterns and textures to get look of wood, ceramic tile or stone.
Do it yourself (DIY)
In any home and kitchen remodeling and maintenance work, your own labor can save you a considerable amount of money. Doing it yourself with help of handy family members and friends can save good cash. You can hire a professional to do the major renovation, but ask for a discount if you assist with demolition, clean-up or the finish work and painting. Why should you help him for free?
Recycle and Reuse
Designing your ideal kitchen doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to start from scratch. Check out for items that are working and consider recycling and reusing them. If your kitchen already has cabinets that meet your storage needs, but not your aesthetic needs – try to paint or refinishing them. Remember that kitchen storage cabinets need a good investment and by refinishing an existing cabinet you can save a considerable amount of money. If you have appliances, furniture, lighting and cabinets that are in good working condition, you can try to sell them on online auction sites such as eBay and Amazon and even try getting some good deals on purchasing new ones from these sites. By doing this, you not only save the environment but also keep them out of landfills.
So, with little planning on how to design, where to invest and where to save money, you can easily design your ideal dream kitchen in your budget.
- Kitchen Remodeling and Design Ideas and Tips in Budget
- 10 Things Every Kitchen Should Have
- Hard Water Problems
- How to Know Hardness of Hard Water
- How to Tile Countertop Backsplash
- Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- Kitchen Design and Remodeling Ideas
- How to Can and Preserve Food
- Types of Garbage Disposals
- Vessel Sink Buying Guide
- How Does a Dishwasher Work
- Induction Cooking FAQ – All About Induction Cooking
- How a Water Softener Works
- How Refrigerator Works
- How Garbage Disposal Works
- How Freezer Works
- How Microwave Oven Works
- How to Install Water Filter
- How to Install a Kitchen Faucet
- Top 10 Tools for DIY Home Improvement and Repair Projects
- Interior Painting Tips, Techniques and Ideas
- DIY Kitchen Remodeling & Renovation Ideas
- Granite Kitchen Worktops – Review, Tips and Ideas
- Flooring Ideas, Options and Tips
- Microwave Oven Buying Guide for Consumers
- Freezer Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Garbage Disposal Buying Guide & Review for Consumers
- Refrigerator Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Kitchen Faucet Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Dishwasher Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Cooking Range and Oven Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Convection Oven Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Kitchen Faucet Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix a Kitchen Faucet Problem
- What is a Convection Microwave Oven?
- Cooking Ranges, Ovens and Stovetops for Kitchen
- Water Filter Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Kitchen Range and Stovetop Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix Kitchen Range and Stovetop Problem