Painting the exterior walls of your home to make it beautiful and attractive and long lasting needs some thinking and creativity. Painting the exterior walls with just any color combination is not going to work. Remember, it is the exterior walls of your home that is going to make the first impression in the minds of visitors.
When painting the exterior walls of your home, pay attention to following points:
- New walls and surfaces must be coated with at least one additional coat of self priming with water in the ratio 1:1.
- When painting the horizontal surfaces of the exterior like awnings, terrace borders, etc., make sure to give an additional coat for better protection as these areas are prone to water accumulation.
- Never apply any interior primer or putty or plaster of Paris under the exterior finishes. If you do it, it is going to affect the performance of the paint.
- Painting Guide on How to Paint Exterior Walls of Home
- Exterior Home Decorating Ideas
- Painting Guide on How to Paint Interior Walls of a Home
- Home Decorating Ideas
- Home Improvement Ideas
- Home Decorating Photo Gallery
- Top 10 Tools for DIY Home Improvement and Repair Projects
- Top 10 Home Improvement Tips and Remodeling Ideas
- How to Paint Metal Surface at Home
- How to Paint Wooden Surface at Home