Small rooms with limited space need creative decorating ideas to make full use of the available space and make the small look large and spacious. Decorating a small room with small space can be very challenging, yet very adventurous. Space problems are mainly associated with flats and apartments and they need creative decorating ideas to make full use of all available space. Correct paint choice and painting ideas in combination of carefully chosen furniture can make full use of limited space and make small rooms look large and spacious.
Below I discuss some creative and new ideas to decorate small rooms.
Is it Possible to Decorate Small Rooms or Small Space?
Widely adopted misconception is that a home or apartment with small rooms and limited space has limited options for decoration. This is not true at all. I myself stayed in a small apartment few years back and I remember how wisely chosen color combination and intelligent furniture can make small rooms very comfortable and decorative. The basic is to choose interior walls with light color combination. Dark wall colors will only make the room appear small and congested. Natural colors like mint green; light yellow and sea green can make small rooms look open and spacious. Next is to choose multipurpose smart furniture. These furniture occupy lesser space yet add more comfort and usability. Use accessories like lampshades, paintings and mirrors strategically to make small rooms look large and spacious
Decorating Ideas for Small Living Room with Limited Space
Don’t worry if your home or apartment has a small living room and you want to decorate it to make it look large and spacious. Paint the living room with color combination of light colors. Buy Minimalistic furniture to make full use of small space. Instead of buying a large sofa of couch, go for a medium sized modern couch. Get a multipurpose coffee table. You can also go for a sofa cum bed in place of couch. Choose furniture with straight clean lines. Avoid heavy furnishings and prints. Choose matching sheer curtains and drapes. Avoid clutter. Too many decorative items and wall hangings can make the room look congested and ugly. Make use of mirrors to make the room look large.
Decorating Ideas for Small Bedroom with Limited Space
Choice of right wall color and perfect bedding cam make a small bedroom very comfortable and spacious. A bedroom is for peace and rest. Paint the walls with combination of light colors. Light pink or light natural green are the perfect choice for a bedroom. Instead of a large king size bed, go for a low queen sized bed. Go for a moderate sized beautiful carpet to make the bedroom look beautiful. If you want any other furniture in the bedroom then go for multipurpose modern furniture. You can also custom make your furniture to meet your requirements so that they occupy lesser space and add maximum comfort to the small room. Make use of mirrors to make the room look large. Make sure not to clutter the room too much to too many decorative items.
- Home Decorating Ideas
- 10 Easy and Quick Home Decorating Ideas in Budget
- Decorating Home with Stained Glass
- Budget Friendly Home Decorating Ideas
- Free Home Decoration Tips and Ideas
- Home Decorating Photo Gallery
- Top 10 Tools for DIY Home Improvement and Repair Projects
- Interior Wall Paint and Color Scheme Ideas
- How to Find and Hire the Best Home Remodeling Contractor
- Interior Painting Tips, Techniques and Ideas
- Easy DIY Home Improvement Projects for Beginners
- 8 Ways to Decorate Your Home Without Spending Much
- Monthly Home Maintenance Plan – Tips, Schedule and Checklist
- How to Wallpaper Wall of a Room
- Buying a New Home: 10 Tips for First Time Home Buyers
- Exterior Home Decorating Ideas
- Home Exterior Wall Painting Ideas and Color Scheme and Color Combination
- How to Decorate a Small Living Room to Create More Space
- How to Decorate Living Room in Budget – Steps for Living Room Decoration
- Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Bedroom Makeover Ideas – Thrifty Ways for a New Bedroom Look
- Bedroom Decorating and Makeover Ideas
- Bathroom Design Pictures and Photo Gallery
- Design Your Dream Kitchen in Budget
- DIY Kitchen Remodeling & Renovation Ideas
- 10 Things Every Kitchen Should Have
- How to Convert Basement into Living Space
- Eco-Friendly Flooring Options
- Work from Home Jobs
- Flooring Options for Every Room – Living Room, Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen
- Feng Shui Fu Dogs: Chinese Door God for Protection
- Doors Manufacturers – List of Top 10 Home Door Manufacturers
- French Door – Interior and Exterior French Doors Material and Construction