Vinyl wood plank flooring is getting more and more popular due to its wood-like appearance, low cost and durability. This article on Vinyl Wood Plank Flooring explains all about vinyl wood plank flooring including answers to some of the most common questions like – What is Vinyl Wood Plank Flooring? Products used for Vinyl Wood Plank Flooring, Solid Plank Flooring, Stick-On Plank Flooring, Pros and Cons of vinyl wood flooring and other tips and ideas.
What is Vinyl Wood Plank Flooring?
Vinyl wood plank flooring is a kind of polymer that gives the look and appearance of wood planks. This is possible because of good use of technology. Vinyl compound is organic derivatives of ethylene and have the property to polymerize. Vinyl wood planks are made from vinyl polymer. It looks like a thick plastic or PVC or PVF. Vinyl wood planks are thick with high tensile strength and resemble a regular wood plank.
Products used for Vinyl Wood Plank Flooring
Vinyl wood plank flooring is getting more and more popular now a days. This is proved by online reviews and consumer reports. Two types of vinyl wood plank flooring are available in the market – Regular tile or plank and Stick-on plank. Both are made from vinyl polymers. I explain these two types of vinyl wood plank flooring below:
Regular Vinyl Wood Plank Flooring
Regular vinyl tile or plank flooring is most common around the world. Most vinyl wood plank flooring manufacturers around the world make this kind of solid plank flooring. They look more or less like normal natural wood flooring. These flooring products are available in different wood variants and texture like maple, teak, etc. They are also very strong and durable with great tensile strength.
Repair, maintenance and cleaning of such solid vinyl prank flooring is quite easy. Just clean the floor regularly with any normal vinyl floor cleaner. It does not need any extra care or polish like other wood flooring.
Stick-On Vinyl Wood Plank Flooring
As the name suggests, stick-on plank vinyl flooring are sticky and can be easily installed on the floor. This is done using good quality adhesive or they can also be screwed. Even though, these floorings look similar to wood planks, they do not have the appearance of natural wood. Repairing these floors is very simple. All one has to do is just remove the damaged tile and replace it with a new one. Similar to regular vinyl wood plank flooring, even these are very strong and durability and do not get damages easily.
- Floor Improvement
- Flooring Options for Every Room – Living Room, Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen
- Solid Wood Flooring
- Engineered Wood Flooring
- Bamboo Flooring Information
- How to Install a Hardwood Floor
- Flooring Ideas, Options and Tips
- Radiant Floor Heating
- How to Install Radiant Floor Heating System
- How to Clean Wood Floors – DIY Wooden Flooring Cleaning Tips
- How to Lay or Install Bathroom Tiles
- How to Find and Hire the Best Home Remodeling Contractor
- What is Epoxy Floor Paint?
- Advantages / Benefits of Wood Flooring in Your Home
- How to Install Ceramic Floor Tiles
- How to Install Hardwood Floor
- Eco-Friendly Flooring Options
- Wood Floors and Hardwood Wooden Flooring Options
- Bamboo Flooring Guide
- Hardwood Floor / Flooring Guide with Product to Repair Scratch & Refinishing
- Vinyl Flooring Guide (Vinyl Floor Tile and Vinyl Sheet Floors)
- Hydronic Radiant Floor Heating System Guide
- Wood Flooring Finishes Guide – Wood Floor Surface Finish
- Laminate Wood Flooring Guide & Information
- Electric Radiant Floor Heating System Guide and Information
- Wood Floor Care: How to Clean Hardwood Floor and Prevent / Repair Scratches
- Top 101 Best Places to Live in the United States of America
- Ways to Finance Home Improvement – Best 5 Ways for Financing your Home Improvement Projects
- Bathroom Design and Remodeling Ideas
- Bedroom Decorating and Makeover Ideas
- Granite Kitchen Worktops – Review, Tips and Ideas
- 10 Easy and Quick Home Decorating Ideas in Budget