Landlord Tenant Lease Agreement – Residential Lease And Leave Agreement
This LEASE AGREEMENT is by and between __________________(Landlord) and __________________ (Tenant) executed on Dated: ___________ WHEREAS, Tenant wishes to lease certain real property owned by Landlord, and Landlord desires to lease such real property (hereafter „the premises“) to Tenant. THEREFORE, the parties hereto hereby agree as follows:
1. Property to be leased. Landlord hereby leases and lets to Tenant the premises described as single family home with the physical address of:
2. Term: This lease shall be for a term of _____ month(s), commencing on _______________ and ending on _______________ .
Amount Payable Prior to Occupancy Dated: __________
First Month’s Rent ( ) : _______________
Refundable Damage Deposit* : ________________
*Note: Note if any.
3 a. Rental Amount: Tenant shall pay Landlord rent in the amount of _______________ ( Amount in Words: _______________) per month during the term of this lease payable between _____ and _____ of each month in advance at such place as may from time to time be specified in writing by Landlord to Tenant.
3 b. Late fee: Tenant agrees to pay late fee of ______________ if the payment is made after _____of the month.
3 c. A dishonored check will be treated as unpaid rent. Unless tenant makes good on the check within twenty-four (24) hours of notification, the Lease shall be in default and Landlord shall be entitled to all remedies allowed by law.
4. Default. If Tenant fails to pay any rental due hereunder when due or fails to comply with the terms of the Lease, the Lease shall be in default and Landlord shall be entitled to terminate the Lease upon seven (7) days written notice of termination and opportunity to cure. Once the Lease has been terminated and Tenant has not cured the default, Landlord may, but shall not be required to, exercise all of its legal remedies, including without limitation, initiating litigation to recover unpaid rents or damages. Landlord shall additionally have the right to allow the lease to remain in effect and to sue or seek collection of the past due rents as they occur. Landlord’s forbearance in declaring the Lease in default shall not be deemed a waiver of its right to do so in the future.
5. Utilities and Monthly Maintenance: Tenant shall be liable for all costs and expenses related to the provision of utility or similar services. Tenant pays electricity and other utilities if applicable. Tenant must pay promptly as they become due all charges for utilities and similar services provided to the premises during the lease term. Landlord does not warrant the quality or adequacy of the utilities or services specified above, nor does Landlord warrant that any of the utilities or services specified above will be free from interruption caused by repairs, improvements, or alterations of the building or the construction or any of the equipment and facilities of the building, any labor controversy, or any other causes of any kind beyond Landlord’s reasonable control. Any such interruption shall not relieve Tenant from performing its lease obligations, including the payment of rent.
6. Tenant’s Representations and Warrants. Tenant further agrees that:
a) Storage of Landlord’s personal effects: Mention if any.
b) Condition of Premises at Lease End: Upon the expiration of the Lease Tenant shall surrender possession of the premises in its present condition. Tenant shall commit no waste to the leased premises.
c) Assignment or Subletting: Tenant shall not assign or sublet the premises or allow any other person to occupy the premises without Landlord’s prior written consent. No more than _____ adult may occupy the premises pursuant to this Lease without Landlord’s prior written permission. Incidental visiting does not require permission so long as Tenant does not cause damage or nuisance as a result of such visitation.
d) Alterations: Tenant shall not make any material or structural alterations to the leased premises without Landlord’s prior written consent.
e) Tenant’s Conduct: Tenant shall not conduct any activity on the premises deemed extra hazardous or a nuisance, or disturbance to the neighbors.
f) Pets: Tenant shall not allow pets on the premises without the prior written permission of Landlord.
g) Hazardous Materials: Tenant shall not keep any hazardous, flammable, explosive or dangerous materials on the premises or that might be considered hazardous or extra hazardous by any A rated insurance company.
h) Maintenance and Repair: Tenant shall keep and maintain the premises in good and sanitary condition and will perform regular dusting and cleaning of floor and light fixtures during the term of this Lease.
7. Right of Termination and Re-Entry: In the event of any breach of the payment of rent or any other allowed charge, or other breach of this Lease, Landlord shall have full rights to terminate this Lease and re-enter and re-claim possession of the premises, in addition to such other remedies available to Landlord arising from such breach. The Landlord shall provide a 7 (seven) days written notice to the tenant and the tenant will have to vacate the house within 7 days.
8. Use of Premises. The premises shall be used and occupied by Tenant exclusively as a single family residence and no part of the premises may be used at any time for the purpose of carrying on any business, profession, or trade of any kind without the express written consent of Landlord.
9. Condition of the Premises. Tenant stipulates, warrants, and represents that Tenant has examined the premises and that at the time of this Lease; they are in good repair, and in a safe, clean, and habitable condition.
10. Right to Inspect. Landlord and its agents shall have the right at all reasonable times during the term of the Lease to enter the premises for the purpose of inspecting the premises and furniture inside and for the purpose of making any repairs, additions, or alterations as may be deemed appropriate for preservation of the premises.
11. Surrender of Premises and Holdover. Upon the expiration of this Lease, Tenant shall surrender the premises in as good a condition as they were in at the beginning of the lease term, wear and tear excepted. If Tenant fails to surrender the premises upon expiration of the Lease, Tenant hereby agrees to pay the sum of _______________ per month on a month-to-month tenancy until the premises are surrendered as required hereunder. In the event of a holdover, Landlord shall give Tenant seven (7) days) written demand to vacate prior to initiating legal proceedings to remove Tenant.
12. Indemnity: Tenant shall indemnify and hold Landlord and Landlord’s property–including the leased premises–free and harmless from any liability for injury to or death of any person, including Tenant, or for damage to property arising from Tenant’s using and occupying the premises or from the act or omission of any person or persons, including Tenant, in or about the premises with Tenant’s express or implied consent.
13. Choice of Law. This agreement is to be construed under law of the State of _______________. The parties hereto acknowledge that the rental of residential premises is governed by _______________ law.
14. Legal Construction: If any one or more of the lease provisions are for any reason held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability will not affect any other provision of this lease, which will construed as if it had never included the invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision.
15. Prior Agreements Superseded: This agreement constitutes the only agreement of the parties and supersedes any prior understandings or written or oral agreements between the parties respecting the subject matter.
16. Amendment: No amendment, modification, or alteration of this lease is binding unless in writing, dated subsequent to the date of this lease, and duly executed by the parties.
17. Attorney Fees. In the event any action is taken to enforce the terms of this Lease, including any action to recover for damages caused during Tenant’s occupancy, the prevailing party shall be entitled to his reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred in taking such action, whether at trial or on appeal.
18. Legal Authority: The Landlord hereby also authorizes ___________, to sign this agreement and any other legal document in her absence. The Landlord also authorizes _______________ to collect rent and all dues from the tenant as and when required.
19. CONDITION OF THE HOUSE
Every room is in excellent condition with following amenities:
Wiring and Electricals:.
Any other comments either about the condition of the house or the furniture are noted below by the tenant.
IN WITNESS OF THIS AGREEMENT, the Landlord and Tenant execute this agreement as of the day and year noted below.
Current Address where rent shall be physically delivered or mailed: ________________________
____________________ [signature] Dated _______________
_____________________[Signature] Dated _______________