Moisture can be a problem in most bathrooms. Moisture in bathroom can cause paint to peel, doors to warp and the accumulation of mold spores. A bathroom exhaust fan can greatly reduce or eliminate the many problems created by excess moisture. Many types of bathroom exhaust fans are available today – from the simplest bathroom exhaust fans, to elaborate and stylish models. Some of them even have built in lights, heaters and timer switches. Some bathroom exhaust fans can be mounted on the ceiling (ceiling insert), while others are mounted to the walls (wall-mounted). There exhaust fans are quite, save energy and promote good health.
How to Buy a Bathroom Exhaust fan
During a shower, the humidity level in a bathroom can reach too high making it uncomfortable if there is no proper ventilation. The moisture thus created can produce mold, mildew, and micro-organisms that can damage your home and health.
The best way to control mold is through proper moisture control and the best way to do this is to install the best bathroom exhaust fan.
A good bathroom exhaust fan can effectively remove moisture during and after a shower and prevent the growth of micro-organisms and bacteria and also remove unwanted bathroom smells.
Because the primary use of an exhaust fan is to extract moist and stale air from the bathroom to outside the home, you should focus on a well designed and easy-to-install bathroom exhaust fan while buying one.It is not al all necessary to buy a very fancy one. Pay extra care to the grille of the fan.
Bathroom Exhaust Fan Features to Consider:
Here are some features available in today’s bathroom exhaust fans:
- Bathroom Exhaust fans are available allergen-reducing filter.
- Pre-set Humidity Level Activation so that the fan gets activated as soon as a certain humidity level is reached.
- Ceiling Exhaust Fans with lights.
- Motion sensor so that the fan get turned on automatically when someone enters the bathroom and gets turned off when the person leaves the bathroom.
- Bathroom Lights and Lighting Fixtures Buying Guide
- Bathroom Vanity Sink Buying Guide
- Ceiling Fan Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Bathroom Sink Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Bathroom Cabinet Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How Does a Ceiling Fan Works
- How Home Ventilation Works
- How Air Cleaner Works
- How to Install a Ceiling Fan
- Top 10 Tools for DIY Home Improvement and Repair Projects
- Bathroom Lighting Options
- Bathroom Design and Remodeling Ideas
- How to Lay or Install Bathroom Tiles
- Vessel Sink Buying Guide
- How to Convert Basement into Living Space
- Crawl Space Foundation Construction
- How to Control Moisture in Crawl Space
- How to Control Moisture in Basement