The popularity of metal roofs and metal roofing products has increased to a great extent over the past 10 years. This is also confirmed by the National Roofing Contractors Association. Growing popularity and use of metal roofing products shows that homeowners and builders are getting aware of this product’s benefits. Recent development in the manufacturing process and technology has given birth to a whole new generation of metal roofing materials. Now, metal roofing doesn’t just means a “tin” roof. Today’s high-tech metal roofing materials and products are fire-resistant, durable, lightweight and good in appearance. With these products on roofs, a house no longer remains just a house; it becomes a beautiful home with beautiful metal roof.
Why Buy Metal Roofing
Why are metal roofs favored?
As mentioned above, metal roofs are favored for their expected longevity, fire-resistant qualities, and ease of installation. They are also lightweight and are great at reflecting heat from the sun. Qualified metal roofing contractor find it extremely easy to work on metal roofs compared to conventional roofing materials.
Most metal roofing materials are made from aluminum and steel. Other materials such a copper and few other alloys are also used. Some sheet-style materials (“standing seam roofing”) offer clean, contemporary appearance and excellent commercial look are favored by architects like myself.
Some of these metal roofing products are in the shape of Spanish tile, wood shakes, slate etc. They are given multi-layer factory finishes that include granulated-stone topcoats to complete the realistic effect.
Prices of metal roofing typically run from $150 to $600 per square foot and most of them carry long-term warranties.
- Sheet Metal Roofing Guide – Sheet Metal Roof Popular Brands and Prices
- Metal Roofing Leak Repair and Maintenance
- Laminated Asphalt Architectural Roof Shingles Guide – Roofing Laminated Asphalt
- Wood Shingle Roofing Guide
- Asphalt Shingle Roofing Repairs: How to Repair a Roof with Torn or Curled Shingle
- The Undeniable Benefits of Fibreglass Roofing Sheets
- Home Solar Panels
- Top 10 Tools for DIY Home Improvement and Repair Projects
- How to Find and Hire the Best Home Remodeling Contractor
- How to Paint Metal Surface at Home
- Easy DIY Home Improvement Projects for Beginners
- Home Equity Loan
- Top 101 Best Places to Live in the United States of America
- Buying a New Home: 10 Tips for First Time Home Buyers