A microwave oven uses very high wattage of power and any leakage of microwaves can be hazardous to your health, it is recommended that you get done all the repair work by either the company from whom you bought it or get it repaired by a professional expert. Never attempt any microwave repair work yourself except changing the light bulb. If your microwave doesn’t work and the light doesn’t go on, make sure it is receiving power.
How to Take Care of Microwave Oven
Your microwave oven is an integral part of your kitchen and you should take proper with its handling and care. You should always avoid unnecessary spatters by covering dishes, using wax paper or paper towels when a looser cover is required. Always use proper cover for cooking in an oven. If the microwave oven does not have a removable glass shelf, use a plate or paper towel under food cooked directly on oven floor to keep it cleaner.
You should also keep your microwave oven clean. Spills can be wiped up once. You should wash your microwave oven regularly, say once or twice a week. Wash it with mild detergent and water and rinse and wipe dry with paper towel or clean cotton cloth. Clean the edges of the door and the door opening to prevent soil buildup and to avoid door closing tightly.
How to Remove Odor or Bad Smell From a Microwave Oven
If there is any odor or bad smell in your microwave oven, do following –
- Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda to 1 cup of warm water. Clean the interior of the microwave oven with this solution. Rinse and dry.
- You can also use a solution of lemon juice and warm water in the ration 1:3. Clean the interior of the microwave oven with this solution. Rinse and dry.
The appliance user manual consists of information on how to handle and take care of your microwave oven. Follow the manual.
- Design Your Dream Kitchen in Budget
- Kitchen Remodeling and Design Ideas and Tips in Budget
- DIY Kitchen Remodeling & Renovation Ideas
- Induction Cooking FAQ – All About Induction Cooking
- 10 Things Every Kitchen Should Have
- Cooking Range and Oven Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Convection Oven Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How Microwave Oven Works