Dishwasher installation is fairly and easy DIY job. You will need some essential home repair tools or a basic toolkit with following tools:
- Hose clamps
- Dishwasher waterline kit
Once you have arranged all the required tools you can proceed to install your dishwasher.
- Start by carefully reading the users guide supplied with the appliance.
- If you are replacing an existing dishwasher, cut the water and power supply. Remove the kick plate from old washing machine unit. If you want to install a new dishwasher, just move to the next step.
- Unscrew the existing dishwasher from the counter and remove the water line, power connection and drain line. Turn the adjustable feet up during the process.
- Brink your new dishwasher to the installation area and connect the drain hose provided with the appliance to the new dishwasher.
- Measure the distance from the bottom side of the counter to the floor. Adjust the feet of the dishwasher so that there is at least one inch of gap for final adjustments.
- Now connect the water and the drain attachment. Slide the new dishwasher into the required place and then make final adjustments to the feet. Make sure it is perfectly level.
- Now install the cover plate at the base of the new dishwasher and screw where required.
- Turn on water and power supply and do an initial test.
Video: How to Install a Dishwasher
Tips & Warnings to Follow During Dishwasher Installation
- Always disconnect your power and water supply before you start to install the appliance.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Always fill the dishwasher according to the manufacturer’s advice to for proper water circulation.
- Always try to wash the utensils and dishes right in the first attempt and try to avoid re-wash. This will decrease load on the appliance.
- If you have no prior experience in electrical and plumbing work, try to take help from a professional.
- Dishwasher Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How Does a Dishwasher Work
- DIY Kitchen Remodeling & Renovation Ideas
- 10 Things Every Kitchen Should Have
- Common Plumbing Problems and How to Fix Them – DIY Plumbing Problems and Solution
- How to Install a Washing Machine
- How to Install a Kitchen Faucet