Hunter ceiling fans are great addition to any home. Hunter is one of the most trusted and most popular ceiling fan manufacturers. It adds comfort and performance for years and years to any home or office. This Hunter fan installation guide will give you complete instructions for installing and operating your fan. Hunter has a 3-position mounting system that offers maximum installation flexibility and ease. A Hunter fan can be installed in any one of three ways – Low Profile, Standard, or Angled mounting, depending on ceiling height and your preference. Steps on how to install these fans are often included in the manual that comes with all new Hunter fans.
In case you have missed the manual, you can install the fan yourself by following these steps.
Things to Do Before Installing your Hunter Fan
Before installation of your hunter ceiling fan, make sure to check following:
- Locate the ceiling joist or other suitable support in ceiling.
- Drill holes for and install wood screws.
- Identify and connect electrical wires.
Tools Needed to Install a Hunter Ceiling Fan
You will need the following tools for installing the fan:
- Electric drill with 9/64” bit
- Standard screwdriver with magnetic tip.
- Phillips-head screwdriver with magnetic tip recommended.
- Wrench or pliers
Hunter Fan Installation
Once you have checked all of the above, it is time to install your new fan
- Switch off power supply to the switch or the room.
- Climb your ladder and unscrew the screws from the ceiling box and disconnect the electrical wires.
- Open the fan packaging and get the mounting bracket. A mounting bracket is a metal flange used to connect to the electrical box using the provided screws. It may also have a hook.
- Connect the mounting bracket to the box using the screws provided and pull the wires from the box through the hole in the bracket.
- Refer to the manual and assemble the fan. You can assemble the blades now or even later. Climb the ladder and hang the assembled fan from the hook on the bracket. Insert the hook in the small hole near the edge of the fan’s canopy.
- Connect all the wires and insulates using electrical tape. Make sure to connect the bare copper wire from the box to the green grounding screw on the fan. It is used for grounding. Now tightening the screw.
- Raise the canopy of the fan up to the brackets. Tuck all exposed wires into the canopy. Tighten the screws to fix the canopy.
You are done with the installation. Now you can turn on the power supply.
Video: How To Install A Hunter Ceiling Fan
Cautions and Warnings
- Read the entire manual carefully before beginning installation.
- Use only Hunter replacement parts.
- To reduce the risk of personal injury, attach the fan directly to the support structure of the building according to the instructions, and use only the hardware supplied.
- To avoid possible electrical shock, before installing your fan, disconnect the power by turning off the circuit breakers to the outlet box and associated wall switch location.
- All wiring must be in accordance with national and local electrical codes.
- If you are unfamiliar with wiring, use a qualified electrician.
- To reduce the risk of personal injury, do not bend the blade attachment system when installing, balancing, or cleaning the fan. Never insert foreign objects between rotating fan blades.
- To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or motor damage, do not use a solid-state.
- How Does a Ceiling Fan Works
- Ceiling Fan Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How to Install a Ceiling Fan
- Top 10 Tools for DIY Home Improvement and Repair Projects
- Portable Free Standing Air Conditioner Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How to Cool Home without Air Conditioning or Air Conditioner
- Home Electrical Wiring System
- Home Electrical Wiring Types and Rules
- Free Standing Portable Windowless Air Conditioners Buying Guide
- Dehumidifier Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Air Cleaner / Air Purifier Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How Does a Dehumidifier Work?
- How Air Conditioner Works
- How Air Cleaner Works
- Ceiling Fan Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix Humming Ceiling Fan or Fan Not Working