Convection microwave oven is one that works on radiant heat. The fan inside the convection microwave oven circulates hot air evenly across the oven that helps better utilization of heat and better and fast cooking. Convection ovens are more expensive than conventional ovens. So, in the simplest words we can say that a convection microwave oven is an oven with a fan inside.
Convection Oven Vs Conventional Oven
- Most conventional ovens have problems like uneven temperature, uneven cooking and hot spots. A convection oven deals with all these problems. The fan inside the convection oven circulates hot air evenly that helps even circulation of heat.
- Convection oven cooks food faster than most conventional ovens.
- Convection microwave oven is expensive than conventional ovens.
Benefits of Convection Oven
Convection microwave oven offers several benefits:
- Cooks Food Faster: Convection ovens saves time and energy by cooking food fast. This is possible because of even distribution of heat and minimum heat loss.
- Cooks Food Evenly: Even circulation of heat helps food like cookies and pies to be cooked evenly without any hot spots.
- Retains Flavor: Food cooked in a convection oven retain flavor.
- Cooks More at a Time: Most convection ovens have multiple racks that can be used to cook more than one food at a time.
- Broilers: Most convection ovens also have a broiler. So, food can also be exposed to high heat if required.
- Convection Fan: Most convection ovens have the option to turn the fan ON or OFF. This helps to select the right baking environment. For e.g. you can switch OFF the convection fan when baking bread and some cookies that need more humid environment. If the fan is ON, it can dry these food items.
- Convection Oven Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- All About Thermostat
- Microwave Oven Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix Microwave Oven Problem
- Design Your Dream Kitchen in Budget
- DIY Kitchen Remodeling & Renovation Ideas
- Induction Cooking FAQ – All About Induction Cooking
- 10 Things Every Kitchen Should Have
- What is Energy Star?
- How to Wire a 220v Outlet
- Home Heating Safety Tips: Heating Home Safely
- Cooking Range and Oven Buying Guide and Review for Consumers