An air conditioner is one home appliance that needs proper care and regular cleaning and maintenance. AC is delicate electronic equipment and needs proper care. Nearly 10% ACs around the world get damaged due to lack of regular maintenance. Cleaning the interior parts of an AC is necessary to prevent it from damage. Here are some simple tips on how to clean an air conditioner and increase its life.
Cleaning an Air Conditioner
The front portion of AC contains a plastic grill from where cold air blows. Behind the grill there is a filter and behind the filter are cooling items like motor, fan, compressor, evaporator coil, drain parts etc.
- Cleaning the grill and the filter: Take out the plug of AC before cleaning. Now take out the grill and the filter and clean it with vacuum cleaner or you can dip both the parts into soap water for about 10 minutes. Take it out and clean it with dry and soft cloth.
- Cleaning the AC fan: The AC fan is located just behind the filter. It consists of oil holes in which oil should be poured from time to time. This will make the fan silent and increase its speed. You should clean the fan blades using a vacuum cleaner or with soft wet piece of cloth.
- Cleaning evaporator coil: At first use soft dry cloth to clean the coil. Now use jet spray and leave it to dry for about 10 minutes. Now clean it with dry cloth.
- Cleaning of drain parts: You can clean the drain parts with the help of a bottle cleaner.
Smart Tips to Increase Life and Performance of an Air Conditioner
- Servicing of AC in every 2-3 months will increase its life.
- Do not put you AC near lamp or television because it will effect its cooling.
- Put your ACON and spray room freshener. This will make the smell last long.
- How Air Conditioner Works
- Free Standing Portable Windowless Air Conditioners Buying Guide
- Air Conditioner Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix Air Conditioner Problem
- Portable Free Standing Air Conditioner Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Dehumidifier Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Ceiling Fan Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Air Cleaner / Air Purifier Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Direct-Vent Fireplace Types and Options
- How Radiant Floor Heating System Works
- How Does a Dehumidifier Work?
- How Does a Ceiling Fan Works
- How Home Ventilation Works
- How Air Cleaner Works
- Dehumidifier troubleshooting & Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix Dehumidifier Problem
- Top 10 Tools for DIY Home Improvement and Repair Projects
- Easy DIY Home Improvement Projects for Beginners
- What is Energy Star?
- How to Save Electricity at Home – 5 Easy and Simple Energy Saving Tips to Cut Down Electricity Consumption and Slash Electricity Bill
- How to Cool Home without Air Conditioning or Air Conditioner
- How to Wire a 220v Outlet
- Home Heating Safety Tips: Heating Home Safely