There could be a number of reasons why people may go for decorating or redecorating their living rooms. Many homeowners get bored with the same look in the living room area and just want a change. People with new homes may be excited about decorating the living room. You may be having a list of living room decorating ideas, but have limited budget and may not be able to do a complete living room makeover. If low budget was a real issue with living room decorating and furnishing, then nobody would be doing a decoration. Low budget cannot stop you from decorating your living room and making it beautiful. With little research, planning and new ideas, you can always decorate your living room in low budget.
Here are some ideas that will help your get started with decorating your living room in low budget.
Making the budget
The first thing to start with decorating living room is to workout your budget. How much money you are willing to spend? Allot money for paint, furniture wall etc. Do some research and planning. What is your own taste and taste of other family members? How many people are there in the family? Are there chances of any increase of family members in future?
All above questions will help you in working out what exactly you need and what should be the budget.
Making a List of Items to Purchase
Make a list of all necessary items you need in the living room. Avoid those products that you already have. Avoid any unnecessary show-off. It is your hard-earned money. Why waste it in show-off. For e.g. you can go for cheap and yet good looking and durable furniture
Color and Paint
Note your own taste and taste of your family members and choose color and paint for the living room. Choose the best colour that matches your living style. Do some market research on cheap yet good quality paint and colour. Expensive products are not always good. Choose shades of colour that you like and go for it.
It is not necessary that a bulky and expensive sofa will be needed for a beautiful living room. No. There are cheap yet beautiful furniture available. Do some market research on this and make a list. Make full use of your money. For e.g. instead of going for an expensive sofa, you can go for cheap and comfortable chairs. Now-a-days, the market is flooded with all such cheap and beautiful furniture. Same is the case with coffee table and other living room furniture. Also arrange all the furniture in a way so that you make full use of the space.
Doors, windows and walls
Doors and windows in the living room cannot be ignored. Beautiful curtain holders with a nice curtain can add beauty. These curtains can be worked on to improve the looks. Hanging some artwork on the wall also adds to the decoration.
The trick to decorating a living room in low budget lies in shopping. Choose shops that offer more options to choose from. Avoid shops that you thing charge more than the reasonable prices. Make use of sale and offers. Several stores offer packages for decorating different rooms of your home. Explore all these options. Do some bargaining if possible. Take ladies at shopping. They are just too good at bargaining.
Decorating your living room does not necessarily cost thousands of dollars. The above tips and advice, if followed wisely can be very helpful.
- Home Decorating Ideas
- 10 Easy and Quick Home Decorating Ideas in Budget
- Decorating Home with Stained Glass
- Budget Friendly Home Decorating Ideas
- Free Home Decoration Tips and Ideas
- Home Decorating Photo Gallery
- Top 10 Tools for DIY Home Improvement and Repair Projects
- Interior Wall Paint and Color Scheme Ideas
- How to Find and Hire the Best Home Remodeling Contractor
- Decorating Ideas for Small Rooms with Limited Space
- Interior Painting Tips, Techniques and Ideas
- Easy DIY Home Improvement Projects for Beginners
- 8 Ways to Decorate Your Home Without Spending Much
- Monthly Home Maintenance Plan – Tips, Schedule and Checklist
- How to Wallpaper Wall of a Room
- Buying a New Home: 10 Tips for First Time Home Buyers
- Exterior Home Decorating Ideas
- Home Exterior Wall Painting Ideas and Color Scheme and Color Combination
- How to Decorate a Small Living Room to Create More Space
- Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Bedroom Makeover Ideas – Thrifty Ways for a New Bedroom Look
- Bedroom Decorating and Makeover Ideas
- Bathroom Design Pictures and Photo Gallery
- Design Your Dream Kitchen in Budget
- DIY Kitchen Remodeling & Renovation Ideas
- 10 Things Every Kitchen Should Have
- How to Convert Basement into Living Space
- Eco-Friendly Flooring Options
- Work from Home Jobs
- Flooring Options for Every Room – Living Room, Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen
- Feng Shui Fu Dogs: Chinese Door God for Protection
- Doors Manufacturers – List of Top 10 Home Door Manufacturers
- French Door – Interior and Exterior French Doors Material and Construction