Ceramic disk faucets are durable, long lasting and almost maintenance-free. They normally carry guarantee rather than warranty. The ceramic valves in these faucets are guaranteed not to wear out. Ceramic valves are more durable than most valves available in the market. Faucet manufacturers such as Price Pfister and Kohler manufacture high-end stylish ceramic disc faucets. These faucets are getting more and more popular because of their stylish looks, durability, reliability and performance.
The best will never cost cheap. Ceramic disc faucets are priced as high as $100. If a ceramic disc faucet ever needs any repair, you may have to change the entire ceramic disc cartridge that can cost upto $25.
Buying a Ceramic Disc Faucet
As with normal disc faucets, a ceramic disc faucet also works with the help to two different discs. The upper movable disc and a lower fixed disc. Flow of water is controlled with disc movement from side to side or when they are lifted and lowered. The lower lift remains fixed while the upper disc moves.
The difference between a normal disc faucet and a ceramic disc faucet is that the discs in a ceramic disc faucet are fire-hardened. They are as hard as diamond and are less prone to wear.
Different models of ceramic disc faucets in wide range of controls are available. They have stylish and ergonomic design with easy to use and operate controls. They add to home décor.
- Kitchen Faucet Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Kitchen Faucet Repair | How To Troubleshoot and Fix a Kitchen Faucet Problem
- How to Install a Kitchen Faucet
- How To Install a Bathroom Faucet
- Top 10 Tools for DIY Home Improvement and Repair Projects
- Easy DIY Home Improvement Projects for Beginners
- Bathroom Design and Remodeling Ideas
- Bathroom Sinks Information
- Design Your Dream Kitchen in Budget
- Tap Water Purifier for Home – Buying Guide and Review
- Common Plumbing Problems and How to Fix Them – DIY Plumbing Problems and Solution
- Vessel Sink Buying Guide