Most bathroom sinks are smaller in size as compared to kitchen sinks and are available in all shapes and sizes.
Bath sinks can be set into counters on top of bath cabinets or wall-mounted. They are also available as freestanding pedestal models. I have seen many of these and they are truly beautiful. Some of them offer storage but these are little expensive.
How Bathroom Sink Plumbing Works
Most bathroom sinks have two fixture holes on 4, 6 or 8-inch centers. The wider
ones are meant to receive a split-set faucet while the 4 or 6-inch holes may receive a center set or single-lever faucet.
The drainpipe that fits in a bath sink usually is fitted with a pop-up stopper that raises and lowers when we pull up or push down on a handle that protrudes through or behind the faucet body.
The Sink drain has a flange sealed to the sink hole with plumber’s putty. The flange is fixed into the drain body with screws, which is tightened to the underside of the sink bowl with a locknut. The tailpiece attaches to a drain trap with slip-joint couplings.
Supply tubes (flexible) carry water from shutoff valves at wall to threaded tailpieces on the faucet base.
- Bathroom Design and Remodeling Ideas
- Common Plumbing Problems and How to Fix Them – DIY Plumbing Problems and Solution
- Bathroom Sinks Information
- Bathroom Sinks Pictures and Photo Gallery
- Bathroom Lighting Options
- Bathroom Flooring Options
- Bathroom Design Pictures and Photo Gallery
- Bathroom Cabinets Information
- How to Clean Spa or Hot Tub
- Bathtubs Guide
- Bidet Toilet Seat
- Steam Shower Benefits and Precautions
- Bathroom Design Ideas with Pictures
- Hard Water Problems
- How to Know Hardness of Hard Water
- How to Tile Countertop Backsplash
- Washer Dryer Combo Units Review
- Vessel Sink Buying Guide
- Bathroom Lights and Lighting Fixtures Buying Guide
- Bathroom Vanity Sink Buying Guide
- How Solar Water Heater Works
- How Bath Shower Works
- How Does a Washing Machine Work?
- How a Water Softener Works
- How Does a Bathtub Work?
- How Does a Toilet Work?
- How Water Heater Works
- How Home Ventilation Works
- How to Install a Tankless Water Heater
- How to Install a Toilet
- How to Install a Washing Machine
- How to Install Vanity Light
- How to Unclog a Clogged Bathroom Sink Drain
- How to Install a Bathroom Sink Drain
- How to Install a Bathroom Sink
- How to Install an Undermount Sink
- How to Lay or Install Bathroom Tiles
- Interior Wall Paint and Color Scheme Ideas
- How to Find and Hire the Best Home Remodeling Contractor
- Interior Painting Tips, Techniques and Ideas
- How to Drain a Water Heater
- Monthly Home Maintenance Plan – Tips, Schedule and Checklist
- Flooring Ideas, Options and Tips
- Flooring Options for Every Room – Living Room, Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen
- Water Heater Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Washing Machine Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Bathroom Sink Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Bathroom Cabinet Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Shower Door Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Work from Home Jobs
- Bathroom Exhaust Fans Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Clothes Dryer Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- How to Dry Clean at Home – DIY Clothes Dry Cleaning
- How To Install a Bathroom Faucet
- Instant Hot Water Dispenser Buying Guide & Review for Consumers
- Ceramic Disc / Disk Faucets Buying Guide and Review for Consumers
- Dual-Tank (Twin Tank) Water Softener Buying Guide and Review for Consumers